My 7-year-old nephew came bouncing out of Sunday school during my visit last September, and happily showed me the wallet he had made in class. As he held out his handiwork for me to see, I was so blessed by the simple, yet powerful message, “God Always Keeps His Promises!”
I don’t think my nephew realized that his project was speaking volumes to me. It was the exact message I needed to hear. What a sweet reminder that God is Faithful!
It can be easy to get discouraged or disappointed when things don’t seem to be going your way. Perhaps you didn’t get the job you wanted, your car finally went kaput or someone let you down. The possibilities are endless.
The point is that we can quickly lose focus and take our eyes off of Jesus. When that happens, we start to get preoccupied with our problems and start to obsess over what we don’t have.
We forget all the promises that God has for us in the Bible. The one that is speaking to me right now is, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
That’s right, all things may not be good in our lives but God PROMISES to work it out for our good. So we can thank God for closed doors and start rejoicing over the new doors He’ll be opening!
What are you believing God for today?
I encourage you to open up the Bible and write down, memorize, and meditate on some of the promises that speak to your heart. God has given us so many promises in the Bible. God is the ultimate promise keeper!
Perhaps you’re not familiar with some of His promises for you, or you could use a friendly reminder. Allow me to share just a few of God’s awesome promises for His children:
- “…no weapon forged against you will prevail…” (Isaiah 54:17)
- “The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
- “In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” (John 14:2-3)
- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
God cannot lie! Hold on to His promises for you!
“As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”
Do you have a favorite Bible promise that you’d like to share? Feel free to write it below.
If you’re not familiar with the song “Promises” by Sanctus Real, click here and enjoy!