Is watching the news and reading the papers leaving you feeling fearful? Are you scared because you just got a troubling doctor’s report or afraid of your upcoming job review?
There’s no shortage of things that can strike fear in our hearts. We all battle fear at different points in our lives.
What do you do with your fear?
I hope you take time to talk to the Lord about your fears, cares, and worries. He can handle them!
Life can get scary sometimes, but we don’t have to be paralyzed by fear. When I’m feeling afraid, I find comfort in remembering how mighty God is and that He is in control! Nothing surprises Him!
I also read and re-read certain Bible verses. I’ve listed a few of my favorite verses to combat fear below to help fill you with courage. I pray that you will mediate on these verses and will believe and receive them for yourself:
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” (Psalm 18:2)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” (John 14:1)
- “‘No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me,’ declares the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:17)
- “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.” (Psalm 91:1-6)
If these Bible verses have helped to bring you peace, I’d love to know! I’d also love to know what some of your go-to verses are to combat fear. Please feel free to leave a comment below. Blessings to you as you continue trusting God and walking by faith!
Did this encourage you? Don’t forget to sign up below to have my weekly encouraging blog posts emailed straight to you for free. When you subscribe below, you’ll also receive the free “12 Journal Writing Prompts” PDF I created to help inspire you as you write/journal.
For more encouragement, read my books Waiting on God Well: How to Prevent Breaking Down on Your Way to Your Breakthrough and Abounding Faith: 30 Bible Heroes Who Will Inspire You to Believe God for the Impossible! To learn how I can come alongside of you as your Life Coach or to invite me to speak at your event, visit my website www.aboundingfaith.com. Check out Abounding Faith’s online store here. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest.
THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
You might also enjoy reading: